What a year it’s been!
2021 has been quite a year for us, not only have we rebranded, but we have also launched a host of innovative wallcovering designs – here are a few of our highlights:
Spring 2021 was all about celebrating traditional style, with a twist!
1. Tweel – a classic weave print with a tactile surface in a palette inspired by natural dyeing processes.
2. Kensington – a traditional botanical damask with a woven emboss to add a tactile textile surface.
3. Metropolis – stacked blocks are reminiscent of city skylines which catch the light from every angle.
We also introduced a new Newmor Custom collection – Trompe-L’oeil. Translating as ‘trick of the eye’ the collection can be customised, recoloured and printed onto any of our wallcoverings or window films.
Our Autumn 2021 new designs focussed on craftsmanship, organic surfaces, and texture.
1. Marquetry – this geometric design celebrates artisanal craftsmanship and the technique of marquetry, which uses wood veneer to create decorative patterns.
2. Peloso – an intricate emboss that replicates cowhide as the plush texture shifts and shimmers as the mica pigments catch the light.
3. Batik – tapping into the trend of resistance dying techniques, this design was inspired by a piece of hand-dyed fabric, the super matte emboss adds to the tactile feel of creased fabric.
Each year we launch a new Designer collaboration to bring the work of artists and designers to the commercial interiors market. This autumn we launched a collaboration with Lois O’Hara, a Brighton-based artist and designer who creates joyful hand-painted murals and illustrations.
HOTEL DESIGNS BRIT LIST
We were delighted to be shortlisted in the Best In British Product Design category for our Healthcare Wallcoverings. Newmor is the largest independent commercial wallcovering manufacturer in the UK and is a specialist in design and manufacturing vinyl wallcoverings. The ideal choice for high traffic areas as they are washable and scrubbable, our healthcare wallcoverings provide added assurance as they contain an antimicrobial additive that is highly effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria, fungi and algae.
In September we launched our rebrand. Our new branding was a culmination of three years of development and has allowed us to promote our core values in colour, design, technical ability and heritage as the largest independent wallcovering manufacturer in the UK. Take a look at our logo through the years.
In a year where many of us enjoyed staycations, the newly-refurbished ibis Styles Bournemouth was the perfect destination for families. Bournemouth takes inspiration from the local beach environment, so guests can enjoy the sunny Great British Seaside vibes.
You really wouldn’t want to work from home if you could work in a place like the new RB Pharma office in Lisbon. We completed this project with Yaroslav Galant for the company headquarters. It is bright and colourful with an organic colour palette inspired by a nearby park and features designs from our Leigh Bagley Designer collection.
2021 has been a year full of colour and design for us, so we opted for and monochrome stand design at HIX to allow our products to shine. It definitely ignited conversation around the impact colour and design has on commercial interiors. Take a look at our round-up of trends from the show here.
At the beginning of each year, we launch our trends predictions and 2021 was no exception.
2022 Trends will be shared in January, so watch this space! And finally, we hope you have a lovely festive season!